Saturday, November 04, 2006

MotoGP Test- Lucky Few Try Out Race Bikes

The recent MotoGP test at Valencia saw a few ex-racers and non-racers allowed out on the big bikes.
Former Suzuki stars Randy Mamola and Kevin Schwantz got to ride the 2006 990cc Rizla Suzuki machines, with both of them on track at the same time. Suzuki report that the American duo were within 3 seconds of the race pace at the Valencia GP a few days earlier. Not too shabby!
Amateurs who got the chance to teeter around on MotoGP bikes included the boss of Yamaha Racing (Lin Jarvis), Little Loris Capirossi's father, and Valentino Rossi's ever-present identically-dressed friend Uccio. Yamaha obviously weren't too worried about somebody trashing the bike, since it is now obsolete. A strange way to describe one of the most advanced racing bikes ever built, but that's progress for you.
The next test is at Sepang in Malaysia in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last night I watched the videos o the Yamaha boss and Uccio ... It's funny they were barely moving. I wonder how I would look if I had the opportunity to try Vale's bike: I am afraid that I would be so, emotioned that I would be even slower than them!

Jimmy said...

I think most people would be terrified of a bike like that!

Google